Wednesday 2 February 2011

Happy Blog Day to Me!

So I'm popping my blog cherry with my first ever post - the birth of Scarlett loves Elvis! I love a bargain and a treasured vintage find so much that I just want to share my excitement and my love of all things shabby chic, kitsch, retro and just plan cutesy!  There is no better feeling than going into a charity shop or boot sale and finding that vintage kitsch item and even better if it is an absolute bargain. One girls trash is another girls treasure so I'm just itching to re home all these lovely things.


On today's trip out I found these lovely vintage plates for a bargain price of £3.95 for 5!!

I then went on to discover these amazing polka dot kitchen tins, which suit my mixed up shabby chic kitchen perfectly...just need to decide what I am going to store in them!


And the final purchase of the day was a pink polka dot tea cup and saucer. I am drawn to buying tea sets and vintage cups and saucers, surprising really as I am not a tea drinker but I just love the way they look. They are great for using as trinket bowls on dressing tables and for making candles in too.  This little gem is not vintage but I'm a sucker for anything polka dot and at £1.50 it would have been rude not to take it home :o)


Until next time  - Happy Shopping and I wish you many bargains!

Scarlett Fontaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment after the beep....
beeeeeeeeeeep!